Hello Style Bunnies 🙂
Who doesn’t want to keep their skin healthy and younger looking as long as possible?
Here I am discussing a simple skin care routine which just take 15 minutes of your time, and leaves you with healthy and smooth skin. Isn’t it amazing? We spend so much of time for our family, friends and kids, so why not get 15 minutes daily for yourself at the end of day.
This skin care routine is called CTM. CTM stands for cleansing, toning and moisturizing. These are the three daily basic steps for skin care routine. And, CETM which stands for cleansing, exfoliating, toning, moisturizing. CETM is a weekly skin care routine. These routine should become a part of your life. CTM should be done twice a day, in the morning and at night before going to bed, if you don’t get time then atleast you should do it once a day before going to bed, whereas CETM should be done once or twice a week. CTM is essential for basic skin care and keeps your skin looking good and healthy.
Experts claim, most of the people don’t know the right way of doing this. So, today we look at what you should keep in mind while following your CTM routine.
This is the first step. Cleansing can be divided into three types:
3. Face wash
It is entirely your choice to what cleanser you wish to use. One should pick up a good cleanser according to their skin type.
First step in skin care routine is cleansing. This step removes dirt and impurities from skin. Soap is not advisable for cleansing because it dries out the skin. A good face wash should be used on daily basis which cleanses the skin well and has no side effects. And, all the makeup lovers should use some extra products like olive oil or some cleansing milk to remove the makeup from skin without clogging the pores.
Natural cleanser – It is always better to treat skin with natural products instead of the products contains chemicals. There are many natural cleanser like raw milk; which has been used by women since ages. Just apply some refrigerated raw milk with cotton on skin. It has properties to remove dust and impurities from skin. Gram flour (besan) is also a great natural cleanser, which I personally use. Just mix small amount of besan with water, and use the paste for cleansing. It not only cleanses the face but also exfoliate it and tightens the skin.
My favourite is Lotus Professional Phytorx Whitening and Brightening Face wash for cleansing and Lotus Professional Phytorx Whitening and Brightening Polisher for Exfoliating. It is not easily available in market but you can easily get it on Flipkart or another online website.
How to cleanse correctly
- Wet your face liberally well. If you want to cleanse your neck too, make sure you wet them very well.
- Take the face wash on your palms. Do not rub your palms vigorously as you may end up using the product on your hand and only some loath or foam is applied to your face. Rub a little and apply to face and then cleanse your face while rubbing it.
- Wash completely. Don’t be in a hurry. Make sure you wash every trace of face wash and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Make sure to wash your hands before washing your face either with the face wash or soap water. Because at the end of the day it is the most dirty part of your body.
This step is usually skipped by many ladies and is consider useless but toning also have many benefits which are noticeable if toning is done on regular basis. After cleansing, if any dirt is still left, it can be removed by toning.
Toning also maintains the ph balance of skin. It also makes the facial pore size smaller, and tightens the skin.
Natural toner – There are many toner available in market these days but natural stuff is always best. Green tea, and rose water, can be used as natural toner. Just take a small amount of green tea or rose water on a cotton pad and swipe it all over your face after cleansing. And, you are done!
There are many Toners available in the market but my favourite is Lotus Herbals Professional Phytorx Clarifying and Soothing Toner.
How to tone correctly
- Take toner on a cotton pad and gently wipe your face.
- You can either dab toner on your face or wipe off gently.
- Always remember to use little product. More quantity doesn’t ensure great quality. A little would be suffice.
This is the last step of skin care routine. After doing cleansing and toning the skin looses its moisture, so, it becomes really important to moisturize it. No skin care routine is complete if you skip this step. In this step, we use a product which provide moisture to skin, and prevent it from getting dry. It is very important to adequately moisturize your skin even if you have oily skin.
Moisturizer should always be applied on damp skin so that, the moisture which is still left on the skin gets intacked, and does not leave the skin. This step is must for all skin beauties. Dry skin needs a heavy moisturizer and, on the other hand, oily or combination skin needs oil free moisturizer.
Natural moisturizer – Aloe vera and olive oil are great natural moisturizer. Just apply any of these on face for ten to twenty minutes and then wash your face. Using them on regular basis will make your skin smooth. Still today there are many products available in market. You can choose moisturizer according to your skin type.
My favourite is Lotus Professional Phytorx Deep Moisturising Cream.
How to moisturize correctly
- The most common mistake people make while applying any cream or moisturiser on the face is they take the cream on palm, rub the palms and then apply on to the face. This is not the correct way.
- You have to treat your skin gently. For the correct application, take the Cream or moisturizer on the finger tips, dab on finger tips of both hands, dot on face and then gently spread on face whole massaging.
It is recommended to follow the CTM routine at night rather than on the day. And CTM routine should not be followed more than 2 times a day. Do it at night and if you feel the need, twice a day is more than enough.
Hope you like the post and if it so then please like my page and follow me here on WordPress.